TalkTools' innovative tactile-sensory approach to speech therapy uses therapy tools to train and transition muscle movements for speech production.
Learn how highly motivating motor activities can be used to improve phonation, resonation, and speech clarity.
Interactive, hands-on demonstrations will focus on therapeutically sound techniques to develop oral-motor movements for improved speech clarity.
Muscles of the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips, and tongue will be discussed within the parameters of movements necessary for speech production.
Developmentally appropriate motor movements for speech are therapeutically targeted using highly motivating techniques appropriate for children and adults.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
Presenter Bio: Monica Purdy has more than 14 years of professional experience specializing in helping children with special needs to communicate . . . more
- Workshop Name: 3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)
- Workshop Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Workshop Date: 20-21 July , 2018
- Workshop Price:$440
- Early bird 360$ until 1/6/2018
- Early bird group Rate of 5 persons 330$ until 1/6/2018
Terms and Conditions:
Your place cannot be guaranteed until your payment has been received.Please make sure your payment processed at least 60 calender days before the date of the course. A schedule for the day, plus directions to the venue will be sent to you when your payment is received ,In the unlikely event that TalkTools middle east has to cancel a course, we will give you as much notice as possible and offer you a place on another course or refund your fee. TalkTools middle east cannot be responsible for reimbursing any other costs e.g. travel or accommodation. Your details will be kept on our database.We may contact you in the future to tell you about other TalkTools middle east courses. We will not pass your details on to any other company.