The term “sensory differences” has recently been added to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) as a characteristic of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
However as Speech and Language Pathologists we see many individuals with different diagnoses who exhibit sensory differences, which effect how they perform in therapy, school or their home setting.
This course will allow attendees to evaluate their own sensory differences, which will give insight and perspective toward their clients.
The Instructor will demonstrate the importance of modulation, under responsive or over responsive actions in order to guide and create successful therapy sessions.
Attendees will be taught to recognize how a client may be processing information, and to understand which strategies and Evidence Based Practices to use to help the individual both in therapy and other environments such as school, work, church, home and play groups.
The importance of working with an Occupational Therapist in treatment or consultation will be addressed.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of the sensory system
- Be able to differentiate sensory differences and atypical responses.
- Participants experience activities to evaluate their own sensory system.
- Be able to implement sensory strategies and Evidence Based Practices in order to increase arousal, production, and attention during a therapy session
- Title: Sensory Intervention Techniques for SLPs
- Workshop Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Workshop Date: 19 July , 2018
- Workshop Price:$180
- Early bird 150$ until 1/6/2018
- Early bird group Rate of 5 persons 130$ until 1/6/2018
Terms and Conditions:
Your place cannot be guaranteed until your payment has been received.Please make sure your payment processed at least 60 calender days before the date of the course. A schedule for the day, plus directions to the venue will be sent to you when your payment is received ,In the unlikely event that TalkTools middle east has to cancel a course, we will give you as much notice as possible and offer you a place on another course or refund your fee. TalkTools middle east cannot be responsible for reimbursing any other costs e.g. travel or accommodation. Your details will be kept on our database.We may contact you in the future to tell you about other TalkTools middle east courses. We will not pass your details on to any other company.