Learn how to perform a comprehensive evaluation for clients with sensory, feeding and/or speech disorders following the principles of TalkTools’ hierarchical approach to oral-motor assessment and treatment using the techniques learned in “3-Part Treatment Plan to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy).”
This class will lead you, step-by-step, through the assessment process used with clients of varying ages and skill levels who evidence oral placement deficits.
Participants will observe via videos, two complete assessment sessions and follow up treatment with clients from infancy to adult, and will learn how to identify oral-motor deficits that effect speech production.
Development of therapeutic program plans designed specifically to meet each client’s oral placement needs will be addressed.
A live evaluation will be performed on the second day allowing participants to observe client skills, record observations on an assessment form and develop a therapeutic plan from these results.
We are sure you will leave this session with advanced skills in assessment and program plan development for each client with oral placement needs.
- Identify oral placement, sensory, feeding and/or speech deficits in a variety of clients and diagnoses.
- Assess oral placement functioning of the jaw, lips, and tongue.
- Design a step-by-step program plan based on the client’s oral-motor feeding and speech evaluation results.
- Apply oral placement strategies, when appropriate, with infant, preschool, and school-aged children as a part of comprehensive speech and language therapy intervention.
- Title: Oral Placement Therapy: Assessment & Program Plan Development ( Level 2 Course )
- Workshop Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Workshop Date: 23-24 November , 2018
- Workshop Price: 600$
- Early bird: 480$ until 24/10/2018
- Early bird group Rate of 5 persons 450$ until 24/10/2018
Terms and Conditions:
Your place cannot be guaranteed until your payment has been received.Please make sure your payment processed at least 60 calender days before the date of the course. A schedule for the day, plus directions to the venue will be sent to you when your payment is received ,In the unlikely event that TalkTools middle east has to cancel a course, we will give you as much notice as possible and offer you a place on another course or refund your fee. TalkTools middle east cannot be responsible for reimbursing any other costs e.g. travel or accommodation. Your details will be kept on our database.We may contact you in the future to tell you about other TalkTools middle east courses. We will not pass your details on to any other company.